Experience the culinary showdown of the year at THE CUT, an exclusive and unique event brought to you by Mecca Coffee and The Ironclad Co. Four up-and-coming chefs from Sydney – each with their own distinct dish – will compete for the title of the ultimate victor.
This not-to-be-missed event, hosted by Myffy Rigby, is a not-for-profit initiative designed to foster community and provide a new platform for chefs to showcase their talent, creativity, inspirations, and aspirations.
Read more: Nine reasons to use cast iron cookware
THE CUT goes beyond a culinary competition; it’s a gathering of like-minded individuals passionate about food. A percentage of ticket sales will be contributed to Two Good Co., a socially conscious enterprise dedicated to supporting and empowering women with lived experience of homelessness, domestic violence, and complex trauma.
In this clash of culinary titans, each chef will craft a unique dish using Mecca Coffee as a key ingredient and The Ironclad Co.’s cast iron cookware to bring their recipes to life. Diners, playing a crucial role as judges, will determine the fate of each chef, ultimately choosing the one who will be crowned the winner.
The participating chefs, selected for their shared values of innovation, creativity, and empowerment, include Toby Stansfield from Lola’s Bondi, Jack Fitzhenry from The Wedge, Jen Shaw representing Two Good Co., and Cathy Tran from Kiln.
Don’t miss this extraordinary event that promises not only an incredible culinary experience but also a celebration of community, creativity, and positive impact.
- Who: Mecca Coffee and The Ironclad Co.
- What: THE CUT – an exclusive dining event, showcasing emerging chefs, celebrating creativity and innovation and supporting Two Good Co – a business for good that supports, empowers and employs women with lived experience of homelessness, domestic violence and complex trauma.
- When: Thursday, 1 February 2024, 5.30pm start
- Where: Mecca, 26 Bourke Road Alexandria
- Tickets: $180 which includes cocktail or glass of bubbles and canapes on arrival, 5-course meal, 1 carafe of wine, goodie bag valued at over $50, 20 per cent of ticket sales donated to Two Good Co.
- Book your tickets here.