Sushi Sei, the latest culinary venture by owner and chef Hideaki Fukada and co-owners Kenny Lee and Danny Hwang, has officially opened its doors at Darling Square. This innovative dining concept differentiates itself from Kuon Group’s existing establishments, such as Irori Kuon, Kuon Omakase, and Izakaya Tempura Kuon.
Diverging from Lee’s previous venues, Sushi Sei introduces a different dining experience, making the art of omakase accessible to all. This casual yet immersive setting encourages guests to interact with the skilled sushi chefs while seated at the high bar, providing a firsthand view of the precision and craftsmanship that goes into each sushi creation and dish.
Sushi Sei stands out by allowing guests to curate their dining adventures. With a minimum spend of $40 per person, the a la carte sushi selection ranges from $4 to $12 per piece. Diners can select precisely what they desire, indulging in their favourite sushi creations as often as they wish. The flexible dining options also cater to those who want to experience the entire omakase journey or choose a la carte selections.
“We are happy to welcome guests to our sushi wonderland, where culinary artistry meets a symphony of flavours. Indulge in over 25 exquisite varieties of sushi, each a masterpiece on its own. We look forward to more people discovering the epitome of sushi perfection at our new concept sushi restaurant,” says Hideaki.
The a la carte menu is split between appetisers and sushi. Large ($55) or small ($35) trays of assorted sashimi are also available. Highlights from the appetiser menu includes Arajiru (fisherman’s soup); agedashi tofu; bluefish tuna wing; and grilled kingfish wing.
A la carte sushi can be purchased by the piece, with pieces including;
- $4: Salmon, geso, eel shirayaki, tamago, shime saba, flutemouth, tsubugai, spear squid
- $5: Aburi salmon, aburi kingfish, tuna, kani miso, cuttlefish, bass groper, amaebi
- $6: Salmon belly, kappa maki, kanpyo maki, scallop, natto maki, engawa, imperador
- $8: Kingfish belly, chutoro, anago, imperador belly, kohada, nodoguro
- $12: Ikura, sea urchin, scampi, nodoguro, otoro
- Baby rolls: Cucumber ($6), kanpyo ($6), tuna ($12), salmon ($12), negi toro handroll ($20), baby natto ($6)
There are three omakase experiences that guests can choose from. They include:
- Nami – $40pp (8 pieces plus tamago).
- Jo – $55pp (9 pieces, tomago and a choice between ikura or uni)
- Tokujo – $70pp (12 pieces plus tamago
Sushi Sei is open seven days for lunch (12-3:30pm) and dinner (5:30–9pm). Book your table here.