South Korean content is the flavour of the month and with Netflix’s new comedy XO, Kitty about to launch, it seems our obsession with Korea is not about to end anytime soon. For instance, K-Pop group BLACKPINK’s Sydney and Melbourne tour dates sold out in minutes (watch the doco first on Netflix!) while Korean thriller The Glory remains in the global Top 10 non-English shows on Netflix.
To celebrate all things Korean and the upcoming series XO, Kitty – a spin-off series of To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before – Netflix is bringing a piece of Seoul to Sydney. The Netflix comedy, XO, Kitty tells the story of teen matchmaker Kitty, who reunites with her long-distance boyfriend at the same boarding school attended by her late mother.
On Thursday 18 May, Sydney-siders can head to the XO, Kitty Pop-Up Cafe, a dedicated Korean dessert bar for some FREE sweet treats from Icyland and Siroo Rice Cake Cafe.
Fans can also snap a pic under the cherry blossoms while enjoying some of the most sought-after authentic Korean treats.
Sweet and savoury treats up for grabs include:
- LOVE in Seoul – Strawberry Bingsu
- K.I.S.S Crush – Peach Bingsu
- Iced tea
- Korean Rice Cakes (Strawberry Mochi, Chocolate Rice Muffin, White Bean, Strawberry and Sweet Potato)
- When: Thursday 18th May: 11:00AM – while desserts last
- Where: 30 Kensington St, Chippendale, Sydney
- XO, Kitty will premiere on Netflix on May 18th.