In case you haven’t heard, it’s truffle season. A number of venues across Sydney are offering special truffle menus for the month of August. Here’s where you can get your truffle on.
Head to Spago for the spaghetti cacio e pepe with 63-degree egg, exotic mushrooms, handmade spaghetti and fresh truffle ($35). Also on the menu is criss cut potato chips with crispy bacon, melted cheese, truffle oil & fresh truffle ($24) and homemade classic tiramisu with fresh truffle ($25).
The truffle basque cheesecake is back! This rich, creamy cheesecake is infused with premium truffles and baked to Japanese basque perfection.15cenchi’s skilled artisans have mastered the art of basque-style baking, ensuring a tantalising caramelised crust that meets a smooth, melt-in-your-mouth centre.
Executive Chef Yanto has curated a truffle dinner menu with entrees, mains, dessert and a cocktail. They also have truffle specials available throughout the day including a truffle breaky (sourdough, spoked ricotta, white truffle creamy mushroom, Onsen egg and grated truffle – $28) and truffle milkshakes and hot chocolate. For an additional $12, you can have an extra three grams of truffle added to your dish.
IIKO Mazesoba is offering a Black Truffle Menu, with dishes showcasing the unparalleled flavours of black truffle sourced exclusively from Truffle Hill in Western Australia. The menu also features customer favourites such as Black Chicken Karaage, made to look like a fresh black truffle, served with black truffle mayo. Also, check out the new dishes, including Brie Cheese Tempura served with Truffle honey.
The annual dinner series is back for $180pp. The menu features premium seasonal produce, complemented by David Coomer’s rare black winter truffles. Often referred to as “black diamonds”, Coomer Truffles are sourced from the fertile land nestled between the mighty Jarrah and Karri forests east of Margaret River. Highlights include grilled bread with truffle taramasalata; potato dauphinoise with parmesan truffle custard. There will also be optional wine pairings selected by Nick Hildebrandt.
Every year Devon curates a truffle menu for truffle season (available until August). The menu includes:
- Truffle Mie Goreng: Fresh egg noodles, mushrooms, porcini bumbu, chicharron, cep puree, 63′ egg, truffle ($42)
- Truffle French Toast Katsu: Fried pain perdu, salted caramel, truffle mascarpone chantilly, fresh truffle ($30)
- Hervey Bay Scallop: Lightly cooked with kombu butter, truffle ($13 each or $70 half dozen)
- Foie Gras: Croute, caramelised onion, apple puree, truffle ($15 each)
- Truffle Egg Sando: Egg omelette, cep puree, white bread, truffle ($25)
- Or add truffle to their Wagyu Katsu Sando: Crumbed wagyu steak, caramelised onion, Devon secret sauce, thick cut bread ($39, add truffle for an additional $18)
- Truffle fries: Fries, parmesan, truffle, truffle aioli ($21)
- Desserts include Truffle Sundae: Truffle soft serve, truffle honey, sea salt, waffle cone, fresh truffle ($25)