It’s National Macadamia Nut Day on September 4th and to celebrate this extremely versatile nut, Maple from Canada Australia has compiled three popular macadamia and maple syrup recipes to share at home with family and friends.
From a nutritious breakfast, and show-stopping dessert to the ultimate savoury side, these three recipes are guaranteed to be a hit.
Macadamia Nut and Maple Brittle with Maple Mascarpone
Leave your granola behind and experience morning or brunch magic with this delicious combination of creamy mascarpone, fresh berries and crunchy homemade macadamia nut and maple brittle. This recipe makes six portions.
Read more: Five must-try maple syrup recipes
- 1 cup macadamia nuts (roughly chopped)
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 cups maple sugar
- 3/4 cup pure Canadian maple syrup (preferably dark for its robust taste)
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp mascarpone
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Place the nuts onto lightly oiled baking sheet
- Place in the oven for 8-10 mins until golden
- Add the sugar, 125ml maple syrup and water into a small pan over a gentle heat
- Stir constantly for 10-15 mins until the sugar has dissolved
- Bring it up to boil until it becomes light caramel colour
- Plunge the bottom of pan into bowl of cold water to stop it from cooking any further then add nuts
- Once it’s stopped bubbling, immediately pour the mixture onto a lightly oiled tray
- Leave to set then break into shards
- Mix the remaining 50ml of maple syrup with the mascarpone. Serve with mixed berries and top with the brittle
Potato Salad with Warrigal Greens and Maple-Caramelised Macadamia Pesto
This ultimate lunch or side showcases two of Australia’s native ingredients with the goodness of pure maple syrup to elevate a family favourite to new heights. The vibrant pesto combines bitter warrigal greens, maple roasted macadamias, salty parmesan and punchy garlic, creating a balanced and bold flavour that will keep you going back for more. Get the full recipe here.
Maple and Macadamia Nut Cheesecake
This dessert is creamy, sweet and there’s no baking required! A sweet symphony of natural Australian and Canadian ingredients. Get the full recipe here.