Moonlight Cinema has released its February lineup, featuring captivating titles sure to capture your heart! Keeping in line with its commitment to providing unforgettable summer evenings beneath the celestial canopy, February will be a month dedicated to love.
‘A Week of Romance’ will set the stage for Galentine’s and Valentine’s Day celebrations, spotlighting timeless romantic classics such as The Notebook and A Cinderella Story, complemented by the eagerly anticipated new release, Anyone but You.
The February program doesn’t stop at romance; Moonlight Cinema will continue to enchant audiences with its signature mixed program. From blockbuster hits to fresh releases, timeless classics, and family-friendly adventures, all will unfold beneath the twinkling stars, promising a magical cinematic experience for everyone.
Preview Screenings: Catch this film at Moonlight Cinema in February before it hits the big screen.
- Force of Nature: The Dry 2 – 4th February (National) The much-anticipated sequel to the 2021 Australian box office hit ‘The Dry’, directed by Robert Connolly and starring Eric Bana.
New Releases: The movies that everyone is talking about under the stars on the big screen this February.
- Next Goal Wins – 2nd February (National) directed by Academy Award Winner Taika Waititi and based on the true story of the American Samoa football team, who suffered the worst loss in World Cup history.
- Migration – 3rd February (National) A family of mallards who try to convince their overprotective father to go on a vacation of a lifetime in this animated adventure comedy.
- All of Us Strangers – 15th February (Sydney, Melbourne) Romantic fantasy directed by Andrew Haigh starring Paul Mescal, Andrew Scott, Claire Foy and Jamie Bell.
- Wonka – 17th February (National) Timothée Chalamet stars as a young Willy Wonka building his chocolate empire.
- Ferrari – 18th February (National) starring Adam Driver and Penélope Cruz, this movie tells the story of Enzo Ferrari across the summer of 1957.
- The Iron Claw – 22nd February (Sydney), 23rd February (Melbourne, Perth) Biographical sports drama film based on the life of professional wrestler Kevin Von Erich.
A Week of Romance: Your favourite romance classics under the stars.
- 10 Things I Hate About You – 7th February (National) 90s classic starring Heath Ledger and Julia Stiles. A high-school boy, Cameron, cannot date Bianca until her anti-social older sister, Kat, has a boyfriend.
- A Cinderella Story – 8th February (National) Hillary Duff, Jennifer Coolidge and Chad Michael Murray star in this modern-day take on the classic tale of Cinderella.
- Twilight – 9th February (National) Starring Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson, based on the book series by Stephanie Meyer.
- The Princess Diaries – 10th February (National) A shy American teenager learns she is heiress to the throne of a European kingdom, Genovia, starring Anne Hathaway and Julie Andrews.
- Anyone But You – 11th February (National) Starring Sydney Sweeney and Glen Powell, Bea and Ben’s initial attraction quickly turns sour, but they pretend to be the perfect couple to keep up appearances.
- How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days – 13th February (National) Andie, a magazine writer, meets her date Benjamin, a marketing executive, after she decides to write a special column while he makes a bet.
- The Notebook – Valentine’s Day 14th February (National) Quintessential lover’s movie starring Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams told in the form of two soul mates reading from a notebook.
Pride Celebration Screening:
- Mamma Mia – 25th February (Sydney) Based on the Broadway musical of the same name, this romantic comedy stars Meryl Streep, Amanda Seyfried and Pierce Brosnan.
Book your tickets at Moonlight Cinema here.