Sydney steak institution Chophouse will host an intimate meat workshop with chef Matt Moran and Moran Family Farm Manager Brendan Kleinschafer on Tuesday 28 March, 2023.
Following sold-out meat masterclasses in previous years, the new format ‘Meat with Matt’ promises an entertaining night, delving into the special relationship between producer and chef.
“This is a celebration of everything I love about food: the quality of ingredients, the opportunity to work with local suppliers/producers and the communal experience of dining. As a fourth-generation farmer, I’m passionate about showcasing the incredible versatility and flavour of premium beef, and Meat with Matt is the perfect platform to do so,” says Matt.
Read more: 2023 Tasting Australia program launched
Matt and Brendan will share stories about life on the Moran Family Farm, along with the traditions that make meat such an important part of our national cuisine. Moran will discuss his favourite animals to breed, including Millah Murrah Angus beef cattle and the Berkshire pigs they’ve recently started breeding. The pair will also discuss their successful switch to implementing natural sequence farming and contouring strategies, an endeavour that allows them to restore natural water cycles on the land.
The evening also includes a four-course menu with matching wines ($275 per person).
Meat master and Chophouse Head Chef Scott Kim has curated a special four-course menu for the evening. Menu highlights include:
- Moran Family Farm culatello, guindilla peppers, grissini
- Chophouse Beef tartare, cured yolk
- Heirloom tomato, alto olives, basil pesto vinaigrette
- Roasted Bone marrow, pickled eshallot, caper, parsley
- Lamb loin chop 200g (100 days grain-fed, MB4+, Kinross Station NSW)
- Portoro sirloin MB4+ 250g (grain-fed, British and Euro breed, Yambinya Station NSW)
- Dessert to share: Bailey’s chocolate block and a selection of Australian cheeses
Guests will be greeted on arrival with a glass of Arras ‘A by Arras’ NV, followed by glasses of Torbreck Steading GSM 2016 with the starters, Grant Burge Old Vine Filsell Shiraz 2018 with mains and Katnook Estate Cabernet Sauvignon 2020 with dessert.
- When: Tuesday 28 March at 6pm,
- Where: Chophouse Sydney, 25 Bligh St, Sydney, NSW, 2000
- Book here