Nutella and Kenwood have partnered this winter season, encouraging shoppers to ‘Mix It Up’ in the kitchen and add a little creativity to colder days.
To celebrate, Nutella and Kenwood have joined forces with baking queen Katherine Sabbath to create a range of simple and delicious Nutella recipes, made possible with a trusty Kenwood Chef Baker Mixer.
For more than 50 years, Nutella has been enjoyed by millions all around the world and is so popular that a jar can be found in 1 in 4 Aussie homes. Renowned for its unique and unmistakable recipe, Nutella is encouraging fans to explore new baking possibilities this winter.
Take a look at this Nutella Ricotta Pancakes recipe that serves 12.
Nutella Ricotta Pancakes
Ricotta pikelets are a little bit more special than the average pancake. Super fluffy and moist bite-sized treats, with a light cheesecake flavour. These are easy to whip up and just lovely served with Nutella and fresh berries!
- 1 cup (240g) full-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs, separated into yolks and whites
- 3/4 cup (190ml) milk
- ½ tsp vanilla bean paste (or extract)
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder • 3 tbsp caster sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp unsalted butter
- Nutella, to serve (15g or 1 tbsp per serving)
- Fresh berries, to serve
- Place the ricotta, yolks, milk, and vanilla in a bowl. Use a rubber spatula to mix (press down on large lumps as required) until there are no large lumps of ricotta.
- Add flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Mix until just combined. The batter should be fairly thick.
- Place egg whites in a separate bowl. Whisk vigorously with an electric mixer for 1 minute or until foamy peaks form.
- Fold the egg whites into the batter and mix until just combined. The batter should be quite thick—thicker than normal pancake batter.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Melt in ½ tsp butter
- Use a tablespoon to dollop 7cm round pikelets in pan. Cook for 30 seconds or until a few bubbles appear on the edges and they are golden underneath.
- Flip and cook the other sides for 20 seconds. Remove from the skillet and repeat with remaining batter, using extra butter as required.
- Serve warm with Nutella and fresh berries.