Celebrate Sydney Fringe this September by catching a show or two at the PACT theatre. Playing from 5 – 9 September 2023 is Clockfire Theatre Co’s Plenty of Fish in the Sea. Is online dating a fish tank or shark pool? Take an absurd journey into this fantastical fable to find love.
The story: A hopeless romantic is washed up on the shoreline of the fishing village Saint-Cotriade. His temporary lodgings in an ancient and mysterious monastery bring him tête-à-tête with an unlikely and devout duo in an unpredictable kind of hook-up culture. Plenty of Fish in the Sea is a darkly humorous and physically adventurous contemporary fable about finding the perfect catch.
Plenty of Fish in the Sea is conceived and directed by Emily Ayoub and Madeline Baghurst. It premiered as part of The Flying Nun program earlier this year. Now, Christopher Samuel Carroll joins the cast for this new iteration of the work for Sydney Fringe’s Made in Sydney program.
- Where: PACT THEATRE
- When: 5 – 9 September 2023
- Times: Various, check bookings page (50m)
- Ticket prices: $35 /Concessions $30/Deadly $28/Family of 4 $110 + Fees
- Fringe box office
- Suitable for 14+
Cast & Creatives
- Conceived, directed, & performed: Emily Ayoub & Madeline Baghurst
- Performer: Christopher Samuel Carroll
- Composer: Mary Rapp
- Sound Design: Daniel Herten
- Designer: Tobhiyah Stone Feller
- Lighting Design: Victor Kalka
- Producer: Kate Gaul
- Associate Producer: Lily Hayman
- Stage Manager: Dominic Hort
- Production Photography: Geoff Magee