Before we know it, summer will be here – along with BBQs and cocktails to greet the warmer weather. The Simply Cocktails team has been having a little fun pulling together some refreshing summer cocktail recipes – and here are seven of our favourites. Ranging from gin to rum-based cocktails, there is something for everyone.
Mount Gay Black Barrel Daiquiri
- 60 ml Mount Gay Black Barrel Daquiri
- 30 ml Fresh Lime Juice
- 15 ml Simple Syrup
- Dehydrated lime
- Pour all ingredients into a shaker, add ice, and shake well.
- Fine Strain and pour into a coupe glass.
- Garnish with dehydrated lime.
The Botanist Dry Martini
- 50 ml The Botanist Islay Dry Gin
- 10 ml Chilled Dry vermouth
- Lemon peel twist
- Fill a mixing glass with ice.
- Add all the ingredients and stir continuously for at least 30 seconds to allow the ingredients to chill and dilute slightly.
- Strain into a chilled glass.
- Garnish with a lemon twist.
Cointreau Original Margarita
- 30 ml Cointreau Original
- 30 ml Sierra Tequila Silver
- 30 ml Lime Juice
- Salted Rim
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass and add ice.
- Shake and strain into a margarita glass.
- Garnish with salt and a lime wheel.
Licor 43 Sangria 43
Ingredients (serves 4-6)
- 250 ml Fruity red wine
- 250 ml Lemonade
- 125 ml Licor 43 Original
- Apple, lemon and orange
- 1 Orange slice and 2 cinnamon sticks
- Fill the jug with 1/3 of ice cubes and add the sliced fruit.
- Pour the red wine and the lemonade.
- Add the Licor 43 Original. Stir, garnish and serve.
- 45 ml Disaronno
- 15 ml Lemon juice
- Top with soda
- Lemon wedge
- Pour Disaronno into a glass filled with ice, then add some Soda water to taste and a few drops of fresh lemon juice.
- 30 ml Mozart Chocolate Cream
- 15 ml Tia Maria Cold Brew Coffee Liqueur
- 15 ml Frangelico
- 15 ml Fresh cream Strawberry
- Pour all ingredients into a shaker, add ice, shake well.
- Fine Strain and pour into a highball glass.
- Garnish with strawberry fan.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 200 ml Fiorente
- 400 ml Prosecco
- 200 ml Soda water
- 8 Thick lime wedges Mint leaves
- Fill a cocktail jug with ice and add the Fiorente, prosecco & soda water.
- Squeeze in the lime wedges, mix & garnish with mint leaves.
For more fun summer cocktail recipes, visit @simply_cocktails_au on Instagram. Enjoy responsibly.