The Garage Sale Trail is back for 2023 – a celebration of Australia’s pre-loved stuff, dedicated to extending the life of belongings and finding the ultimate pre-loved gem. Last year, over 300,000 Australians shopped or sold at more than 15,000 garage sales across the country. Together, they extended the life of over 3 million kilograms of stuff, saving these items from landfills and contributing to the circular economy.
Did you know, Aussies are the second largest consumers of fashion in the world with 85 per cent of Aussie’s wardrobes ending up in landfills every year, so the 2023 Garage Sale Trail is a great way to help put a stop to this. Currently, more than 5,000 sales have been listed over the two weekends. This is up 47 per cent on the same time last year.
- When: Garage Sale Trail is happening over 2 big weekends on 11-12 and 18-19 November 2023, Australia-wide
- How to get involved: Registrations are now open, so you can sign up here.
- Hot tip: One-third of buyers last year had never purchased a second-hand item before meaning there is an increase in the supply and demand for pre-loved products
- The Trail Tutorials are back and taking place on 28 and 29 October 2023
- It is a series of free online talks featuring an all-star cast of experts and familiar faces sharing their sustainable living tips that are kind to the planet and your pocket
- You can read more about the tutorials and trail leaders for 2023 here