One of Australia’s leading historically informed orchestras and chamber music groups, the Australian Haydn Ensemble is set to kick off its tour in December, with performances in Sydney, Bathurst and Canberra. Tickets for the first performance of the C.P.E Bach: Universe of Harmony tour at Sydney’s City Recital Hall on Sunday 11 December can be purchased here.
Discover rich and strange new musical worlds in this superlunary concert series featuring AHE and Guest Director Chad Kelly, a string orchestra and keyboard tribute to one of the most original musical minds of the enlightenment, C.P.E. Bach.
The Australian Haydn Ensemble (AHE), under the direction of Artistic Director Skye McIntosh, brings together world-class musicians who excel in both modern and period instrument performance and are highly committed to both historical research and performance. Its repertoire is principally music of the early classical era and the late baroque and the Ensemble’s name pays tribute to the great ‘Papa Haydn’ who was a central figure of the late Eighteenth Century.
Read more: Don’t miss Carmen on Cockatoo Island
Venues and dates
- Sydney – City Recital Hall | 5pm Sunday, 11 December
- Online – Australian Digital Concert Hall | 5pm Sunday, 11 December
- Bathurst – Bathurst Memorial Entertainment Centre | 7:30pm, Tuesday, 13 December
- Canberra – Albert Hall, Yarralumla | 7pm, Wednesday, 14 December
- William Herschel – Sinfonia No. 8 in C minor
- C.P.E. Bach – Cello Concerto in A major Wq. 172
- J.A. Benda – Keyboard Concerto in F minor
- Avison/Scarlatti – Concerto Grosso No. 3 in D minor Garden of Harmony
- C.P.E. Bach – Symphony in C major Wq. 182 No. 3
- Telemann – Overture Suite in G major La Bizarre TWV 55:G2
Image Credit: © Helen White