Tequila enthusiasts, rejoice! The brand-new Sierra Antiguo range has officially landed in Australia. Prepare to be captivated by this exceptional collection of 100% Agave Tequila, renowned for its inspiring and luxurious qualities. Crafted from the finest blue weber agaves, this tequila offers a pure and delightfully fruity taste that effortlessly enhances the timeless Margarita, the pinnacle of tequila-based cocktails.
Embracing its reputation as the epitome of genuine Tequila, Sierra Antiguo invites you to embark on a journey of creativity and exploration. With its versatile and intricate flavours, this tequila range is ideally suited for experimenting with various combinations.
The exotic range is made from only the best ingredients. The range includes two products:
- Sierra Antiguo Plata (RRP $82): A tequila with a fresh smell, a fruity sweetness, citrus and clear agave notes rounded off by a soft taste.
- Sierra Antiguo Añejo (RRP $82): This tequila has a warm, deep golden colour characterised by its aromatic, full-bodied yet mild and fine taste with a flavour bouquet of vanilla, oranges, cloves and pepper with a fruity finish.
“We’re thrilled to expand the SIERRA brand into the Australian market with the launch of Sierra Antiguo, our 100% Agave range. Our biggest intention with our brand is to be able to provide all our tequila lovers with 100% agave tequila with the best mixability for margaritas and other tequila drinks. 100% agave, 100% creatividad! Many Australians have been fans of Sierra Silver Tequila for a long time, and now we’re upping the game with a more premium offering. We believe that the better the ingredients, the greater the indulgence – this range brings just that,” says Mario Kappes, Global Advocacy & Education Manager for Sierra Tequila.
Produced by a family-operated distillery, Destilerías Sierra Unidas, nestled in the highlands of Guadalajara, this tequila is renowned for its exceptional craftsmanship and innovative approach. It offers an authentic agave experience that embodies the rich traditions of Mexico.
Drawing upon time-honoured distillation techniques passed down through generations of master distillers, the agaves are meticulously harvested by skilled Jimadores and carefully crafted in copper pot stills. The result is an exquisite 100% Agave Tequila with a captivating flavour profile, ideal for creating tantalising cocktails such as the Margarita.
Sierra Antiguo is now available in leading independent retailers and will be available in Dan Murphy’s from July in 70 selected stores. Find out more here.
Sierra Antiguo Fashioned
- 60mL Sierra Antiguo Anejo
- 5mL Agave syrup
- 1 dash Angostura bitter
- Add the Agave Syrup and bitters into a mixing glass and stir
- Add ice and Sierra Antiguo Plata and stir until well-chilled
- Strain into a rocks glass over one large ice cube
- Express the oil of an orange into the glass, then drop it into the glass to garnish
Elderflower-Tequila Gimlet (stirred):
- 40mL Sierra Antiguo Plata
- 20mL Fiorente
- 20mL Lime
- Pour all ingredients into a stirring glass and stir well
- Pour into a coupe glass and garnish with a lime twist
- 30mL Sierra Antiguo Plata
- 30mL Cointreau
- 30mL Lime Juice
- Pour all ingredients into a shaker and shake well
- Pour into a salt rimmed margarita glass and serve