Tulchan Gin, a luxurious, small-batch gin with distinctly local flavours inspired by the terroir of Tulchan Estate has landed in Australia. Distilled in Scotland’s Speyside, this gin has been crafted with both whisky drinkers and gin lovers in mind.
The gin features 14 deliciously fragrant botanicals including sloe berries, elderflower and blackberry leaves. It also includes the unusual botanical of asparagus within its liquid, which provides a bitter edge and long finish.
The gin is beautifully presented in an embossed blue glass bottle with the gin’s own tartan running down the side, reflecting the gin’s Scottish heritage. The label on the front of the bottle includes an illustration of the estate’s character, ‘The Grouse Piper’, playing the bagpipes, and the wooden cork stopper has a Scottish thistle stamp.
The attention to detail and constant connection back to the estate makes this gin the perfect Scottish gin for Australians to enjoy all year round and the ideal aperitif to begin your evening.
Surrounded by 22,000 acres of lochs and glens, Tulchan Estate captures the essence of Scotland itself, as does the gin that carries its name. Recently the estate received international accreditation for its ongoing work in wildlife management and conservation.
Read more: A Surry Hills gem called Fauna
- Style: Fresh, crisp and smooth
- Nose: Floral and gentle juniper
- Taste: Herbal juniper, sweet blend of candied citrus peel, resin, cardamom, liquorice and coriander
- Finish: Medium in length with kumquat and lemon curd tones
- Tulchan & Tonic
- 50ml Tulchan Gin | 150ml FeverTree Tonic
- 50ml Tulchan Gin | 25ml Fresh Lemon Juice | 25ml
- Sugar Syrup | 150ml Sparkling Wine
- 25ml Tulchan Gin | 25ml Sweet Vermouth | 25ml Bitter | Bar Spoon Blackberry Syrup or Jam | 2 Drops Chocolate Bitters
Available from Dan Murphy’s and Hairy Dog stores online for an RRP of $95.00.